Thursday, January 1, 2009

Meagan A.

Today we dove head first into Bangalore. Janelle mentioned the Hare Krishna temple (sp?). It was amazing. The volume of people and the difference in religion was fascinating. I can't wait to learn more about the Hindu religion because there were so many things there I didn't understand. You follow a carefully led path through two small temples honoring I was guessing one of the many gods. In the small temples we viewed very ornate golden statues that were decorated with jewels and flowers.

Then yes, we did go to two different shopping centers where we were all significantly gawked at. I thought it was awesome how space efficient the mall was, it contained six levels and escalators. Food was definitely a challenge, I found it so intimidating ordering food that I really don't know what it's called of the practice of even picking it up. Do I stand at the counter and wait? Should I take a seat? What do I say? How do I convert ruppee? What has dairy or fresh vegetables. I was soooooo tempted to eat at the "subway" or "baskin robins," but not knowing what was in it, I thought it might be a bit too risky.

At the end of the day we were all dealing with the side effects of some serious jet lag. Glazed eyes of tired travelers showed up for dinner which was immediately followed by bed.

All in all, yes, today was a bit overwhelming but the saving grace is the people are so nice here. The PES institute is very accommodating and wants us so badly to have a great experience. I really appreciate their hospitality.

Today we are headed to Mysor (sp?) Palace!!! Can't WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment